Followers

Saturday 24 February 2018

New Challenge at Inkspirational!


Hi friends!
I'm a couple of hours late with my Inkspirational DT card but hey, better late than never! We are being inspired by this fabulous photo:


Very simple and very pretty too! I look forward seeing how you'll be inspired. My take is very obvious: I went with the butterfly! I looked for some extra inspiration from these challenges:





I used my Hero Arts butterfly stamps and dies + a Finnish birthday sentiment for this card. I used snippets of patterned paper to back the openings of the butterflies and show some color so I'd also like to join Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #320. I embellished the card with some watercolor splatters and blue gems. Hope you like! 

Please head on over to our challenge blog for all the challenge details and more inspiration by our design team and talented guest designer Lula. I love the shabby look of her card! Happy crafting, everyone!


14 comments:

karen h said...

Creative use of the colors! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

cm said...

As you can well imagine, I'm swooning over your lovely trio of butterflies! CAS-ilicious and completely delightful!
Hugs~c

AlisonC said...

Beautiful, I love the pop of colour under the butterflies.

sandie said...

Another stunner, love the slight colours showing through-I see the mojo is on fire today!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Nonni ... the colours peeking out from those delicate butterflies are just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

The colourful shadows look great , as do the splatters.

samantha's cards said...

Wow! What a great way to use both the sketch and our color challenge, simply fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Being Mrs Miles said...

I have to say that I’m so taken with your colored backdrops to each butterfly, while reflecting that same color in the upper ones. Ha! So smart. Very nice card.

Pia S said...

Candy colored splatters, how yummy and what a great technique to add some more color to a predominantly white card, all without ruining the clean feel.

Patricia Hays said...

I love the hints of color peeking out from behind the die-cut butterflies! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

Beverley said...

This is so perfectly CAS and loving the peek of the challenge colours behind the dimension of the pretty butterflies. The subtle splatter of the colours is a wonderful touch too. Lovely to see you in the CC&S gallery this week. Hugs Bev x

Di said...

Oh Nonni - what a pretty card! Love how you've backed the butterflies with different colours just to add that 'pop'!

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Michelle Lupton said...

Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge :)

Kylie said...

Love this beautiful, CAS card. I really like the solid backgrounds you gave your butterflies. xx