Followers

Saturday 5 August 2017

New Challenge at Less Is More!


Hi guys!
Another week flew by and we have a new challenge for you at Less Is More. It's time for a color challenge in our rota and we are inspired by the colors of tropical fruits!


Our sponsor for the month of August is the fabulous UK based online craft supplies store Seven Hills Crafts. Play along and you could win a coupon to their store! 


We are also very happy that we have a guest designer in our tropical fruits challenge, Tara! She made a fantastic card with a sentiment that makes me smile -don't miss her card or the fantastic inspiration by our DT -click HERE!  

In my card I've used fun, retro-style stamps by Altenew and sentiment stamps by MFT. I made my colorful stamping with Memento inks and stamped the sentiment with black Versafine. The small black dots are made with black Nuvo drops. This looks like a very simple card to make and it should be... But this the fourth attempt! I kept messing something up with my stamping and had ink all over the place... I was hardly breathing when stamping this fourth panel! What a waste of good card stock... The stamped panel is quite busy so to keep my "white space" as large looking as possible, I opted for not attaching the panel in the middle of the card. I quite like how this turned out!

Have a fun weekend everyone and I hope to see you playing along! 


14 comments:

sandie said...

Great mix of colours and I do like the placement of the nuvo drops and the offset panel x

Sarah G said...

Wow, this was worth the 4 attempts, Nonni! I love those Altenew stamps and they work perfectly with the tropical colour combo. The offset panel is a great idea and adds a lovely twist to the design. Have a great weekend x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simple perfection Nonni and hope you are able to use some of those earlier attempts. I wanted to use this same Altenew set for my card this week ... But you beat me to it! Lol! I love the bold floral shapes and as you've proved they look fantastic in those tropical fruit tones. Enjoy your week x

Izzy Scrap said...

😀 I know what you mean by holding your breath, I often do that too! And at the end it worths it, your card is just wonderful with these whimsical flowers in those tropical colours! Also love your design with the offset panel offering a fabulous CAS layout ! Have a wonderful weekend! xx

Esther said...

Oh, I love this. So cool and stylish with the offset panel placement and neutral base, and then brightened with the tropical pops of colour... fabulous! Have a great weekend! x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Nonni. Love the bold stamps and colours. Way to keep at it and not give up. Amazing results. Have a great week. 😊 Trina xx

Marina said...

Fourth attempt...I was wondering how you managed to stamp so perfectly and the answer is ..persistence! It's beautiful.

Susan said...

Your persistence pays off...this card is just stunning! Love it!

Maria said...

Oh, fabulous stamping with all the images in gorgeous color...well done!!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous card...love all those wonderful colors.

Anita in France said...

Gosh I more than 'quite like' it, Nonni ... it's gorgeous ... bold, vibrant and with such a great sense of energy! Being tenacious paid off brilliantly! Hugs, Anita :)

Sid said...

Great design & colours Nonni !

Pia S said...

Very tropical and exotic! Great twist of layout to keep it CAS. Fun, summery and stylish design!

Neets B said...

Isn't it frustrating when stamping should but doesn't go right, you've nailed it with this one though and I hope you can salvage the previous ones. I love this layout and those gorgeous colours, another that's going to have to move from my wishlist to my stash I think! xx