Followers

Saturday 29 April 2017

Inspired by Marina


Hi friends!
My good friend Marina is being CASEd at City Crafter Challenge and of course I did not want to miss the opportunity to CASE her myself. Her card gave me so many ideas, I absolutely loved the layout. Here it is:


I followed Marina's layout and colors but switched up the colors by using brown card base and white, die cut snowflakes (inspired by current CASology: Season... I chose the Christmas season).  Before die cutting the snowflakes I adhered stick it- adhesive to my white card and with the help of that this card took no time at all! I love that stick-it product. :) I used a very simple sentiment by MFT to keep my design CAS, those die cut snowflakes do fill most of the card... But since I have no extra layers and my design is so repetitive and simple, I hope I'm still within CAS! 

The snowflake die is by Joy Crafts. I've been wanting this die for more than 2 years... I had once received one die cut from somewhere, no idea where, and since making one of my all-time favorite Christmas cards with it (photo of that fave card below) I knew I HAVE TO find the die... And after a lot of detective work I now have it! :) 


Anyway friends, I wish you all a happy weekend and a fun May Day if you are celebrating it. Thanks for popping by!


Along with  City Crafter Challenge and CASology I'm entering:


15 comments:

Liz said...

A beautiful card and a great take on Marina's design. Love the snowflake die. x

Stella said...

That snowflake die is gorgeous and you used it in a wonderful way. Such a lovey CASE! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Tracy Freeman said...

Fab take on the design, love it and such a pretty die.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Nonni--the perfect case of Marina's card--love it! That is one gorgeous snowflake die--so glad your detective skills paid off! Your favorite card is now my favorite card & I will have to case you!

sandie said...

Wow this is stunning and such a cool CASE, love kraft and white x

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your cards! Stunning.

Marina said...

Those beautiful snowflakes look amazing against the craft - love it. I was thinking of you today and remembering being with you in Finland this time last year - the wonderful concert and all the people in their May Day grad hats.... can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific take on Marina's card!! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love both cards! They are absolutely beautiful!

Pia S said...

A fantastic card, so simple and yet so elegant and detailed. The white snowflakes on Kraft background sure have an impact!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful cards Nonni! Your Casology card is stunning and so well executed. LOVE it!
Thanks for joining Casology this week!

Loll said...

First of all, I LOVED your first design using this pretty snowflake die (the one with the small red square). So much that I CASED your card. And now you have designed another stunning card with this die-cut. LOVE the brown background ... it really shows off the white snowflakes. Another very inspirational design, Nonni! xx

Sherrie M. said...

Simply perfect Nonni! Love the white against the kraft. So glad you joined us at CASology last week!

Anita in France said...

I do love white on kraft, Nonni ... it's beautiful here ... so crisp and fresh! Hugs, Anita :)