Followers

Friday 7 April 2017

Improving my Copic Storage

Hello friends!

I thought I'd share my Copic storage with you, I recently re-organized my markers and the system works a lot better than before. The wooden shelf where I store the markers is a frame of a little storage drawer you can have on your desk -I've removed the boxes and use just the frame for storing the markers. You can easily find a storage drawer like this for under 10 euros and it's quite good for pen storage. However, I was unsatisfied with the way I grouped my markers and decided something needed to be done... Here's the before and after pictures with some clarifications! 

Before:
Markers are divided into "big groups": greens, yellows, reds, browns et cetera. Quite overwhelming for eyes when you just quickly want to pick a shade/ color combo for coloring -the cap colors don't tell much about the actual shade of the color and your color charts are lost somewhere as always. ;)


After:
Bottom shelf: Light colors (for example dusk pink or beige browns) 
Middle shelf: Bright colors (for example tomato red or middle-dark browns)
Top shelf: Dark colors ( for example burgundy reds, dark browns + all my grey markers)

You can "work your way up": if you for example color a flower light red but want to have it brighter/darker, you pick a best matching red from the middle shelf, if you still think it looks too pale, you add very strong red from the top shelf.



I'm quite happy with this now and would love to hear how you guys store your markers to get best usage of them! My marker collection is quite broad, I'm unhappy with my greens and yellows though but have just ordered some complementing shades that should make me quite happy with all of these finally. I used to have even more markers but I sold 20-30 of them that I never used -it's not good to have too many either, it's even more confusing to find combos you want to use! If someone can recommend a good violet/purple combo for me, I'd be most grateful. :) Now that my markers are all organized, I think you'll see more coloring from me again! 

Happy crafting and thanks for popping by! 


1 comment:

Shery Russ said...

I like the new grouping better, Nonni -- it's a lot easier (and not too overwhelming) to pick the shades you want. I'm ashamed to say that I am completely disorganized with my markers. I have my markers (Memento, Zigs, Akashiya, Aqua, Spectrum Noir, BIC, Distress, Chromix, Tombow, and Chameleon Color Tones) all in a jumble. (And oh goodness, I think I even stuck some of my watercolor pencils between my watercolor brush markers!) I don't even dare take a photo :oP