Followers

Monday 14 November 2016

Sneak Peak of a Set of Christmas Cards Coming Up Tomorrow!


Hi guys!
Tomorrow I'm posting Christmas cards made with materials Pia sent to me and Marina. I'm taking a small head start here today with this card that focuses on the beautiful silhouette die Pia sent. I combined the silhouette die with a die cut tag I had first masked with a self-made snow bank mask, then sponged with DI:s and stamped with a background stamp using water as my ink for a wintry night sky. Absolutely love how this turned out! I used a card base where I had dry embossed some poinsettias -the folder came as a freebie with a crafting magazine. The simple stamped sentiment is just "Merry Christmas" in Finnish. 

I'd like to enter this card to a couple of challenges:



The cue word at CASology is TEAM and I think these kids show some good team spirit in their small group don't they! One helping the others to ride on their sleigh! :) 

I'd also like to join the CAS Mix Up November challenge 

Masking, Sponging, Stamping (with water), Die Cuts, Dry Embossing

Thanks for popping by and do come back tomorrow for all the rest of the cards I made with the wonderful materials Pia sent! Thanks so much Pia

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your sponged "night sky", Nonni and this delightful die cut! Brings back memories of sledding at night when I was a child. Love the embossed background and how you've used the tag on your card! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! What a great way to incorporate a tag into your design, Jo x

Loll said...

Amazing design Nonni!! Love how the silhouette goes beyond the tag. And your sponged and water stamped sky is gorgeous --- the colours are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Marina said...

Wow - so clever how they're coming off the tag. Really like this.

Pia S said...

I haven't used this die as much as I thought I would. I think it's adorable but need fresh ideas. Which you've provided with this inspiring use of die cut extending over the tag base. Love how the sky turned out and if it's a recent magazine I think I'll go and grab it too.

Joyce said...

Love your fantastic silhouette and how it extends beyond the edge of the tag. Wonderful background, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Melissa said...

This is a show stopper!!! So pretty and I just love all the texture and dimension! W.O.W.

Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Nonni!! Beautiful card. I love what you created. The black silhouette of the teammates against the ink background is so pretty. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Anita in France said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nonni ... a beautiful, nostalgic silhouette ... a stunning background on the tag ... and such fabulous texture! Wow! Hugs, Anita :)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful watersplashed colors on your winter sky - love how the sledders are coasting right off your tag! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge! Julia xx

maria f. said...

What a fantastic design, Nonni. I love the placement of the tag and the die cut hanging off of it. Congrats on your shout out at CAS mix up and happy holidays!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card.

Greetings from Germany
Anke

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Totally cool!!!!